You shouldn’t have!
Freshly Pressed, July 9, 2012
One Lovely Blog Award (Big thanks to Lillian from High, High, Higher for the next two awards!)
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 Facts About Yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
1. I can’t handle the texture of soggy food. So many of my leftovers go into the trash because I gag when I try to eat them.
2. Sometimes when I’m on the phone, I zone out and start daydreaming. After a few seconds, I realize I have no idea what my friend just said (usually a long story) and I have to pretend I know what’s going on. I’m sorry. This is why texting is good for me.
3. I’m still terrified of storms as an adult. You would think I’m a toddler based upon my irrational terror when thunder starts. It’s actually beginning to storm as I type this and my mind is creating worst possible scenarios in which I have to hide in my crawlspace from the obviously impending natural disaster. It’s probably just a summer pop-up. Unless we’re about to be destroyed.
4. I absolutely hate sweeping the floors. I would rather do 50 loads of dishes and laundry than sweep the floor. Irrational, once again.
5. When I was in middle school, there was a phase in which I wanted to be either an English teacher or a writer. This blog is giving me an outlet for that need to write. On that note, my favorite teacher from K-12 was my AP English teacher, not my music teacher.
6. I make really bad first impressions. Usually, I come across as rude and socially inept. It’s really because I’m terribly unsure of myself and I say things I shouldn’t out of nervousness. Either that, or I truly am a jerk.
7. I have zero common sense. I’m one of those booksmart people who can ace a test, but can’t figure out how to read a map.
The Sunshine Award
Rules are as follows:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
What is your favorite childhood memory? This is a tough one. I’m going to group a bunch of memories into a collective one. My parents and grandma and grandpa used to take us on boating trips. Grandma would pack a delicious lunch and we would park the boat on an island and just hang out all day. Dad would play 60s music on the radio and Mom would play with us in the sand. Sister and I built sand castles and buried each other in the sand until all you could see was our heads.
What is a real fear you have? I have a strange fear of losing my teeth. Sometimes I have dreams in which I fall and bust out my teeth on the sidewalk.
How would you describe yourself? Those who know me well see the outgoing, snarky side of me who has no problem with sharing my opinions. In public or in professional situations, I become shy. I’m definitely one of those “great friend but a terrible enemy to have” sort of people. I think life shouldn’t be taken seriously. It’s not worth living unless you truly live it and laugh. A lot.
What countries have you lived in? I’ve lived in the same midwestern state in America for my whole life. I did visit England for a week last year and it was life changing. Everyone should travel across the world at least once. Also, this question bothers me because it ends with a preposition.
What is your style? My style is from the clearance rack.
What is your favorite breakfast food? Give me a dip-egg, nearly burnt bacon, and toast with too much butter on it.
What are some of your hobbies? When I’m not wasting my life on the internet, I like to read. I call this blog one of my hobbies, too. My answer is probably the most exciting one this question has ever received.
If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say? There is no excuse for complacency when it comes to one’s goals in life. I hate when my students tell me they can’t afford college or when people say they’re stuck in a dead end job. With a few exceptions, there is no reason not to be where you want in life. I think a lot of the time, it’s fear of the unknown or laziness that causes someone not to accomplish their goals. Yeah, you might have to work hard to get there and it won’t be easy, but just do it. Like Nike.
What is one of your passions? Obviously music, as anyone who read the post at the top of this page knows. It’s part of every aspect of my life.
What is the one truth you have learned? Wow. That’s deep. Be a good person and good things will happen to you. Enough said.
I’m going to combine the previous two awards and nominate the following fabulous bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award and the Sunshine Award. Everyone on this list has either made me laugh or inspired me somehow. Rock on.
I know it said to nominate 15 people, but I’m going to level with you guys. I’m feeling lazy and these are the only 8 people I interact with on a regular basis. It would
probably definitely be awkward to nominate some random person.